White water rafting in goa is a fairly new sport which has become a rage in party itineraries these days. This is the first time that the Rivers of Goa have been running rafting trips for the holiday makers visiting this state that is world famous for its dramatic beach holiday options.
Das Tourism offer daily river rafting trips between July and September, which involves a 10KM run on easy class 2 to 3 rapids. It is well suited for families and ensures a thrilling ride along the big waves and bouncy waters. Available at almost any water level, the rapids with interesting names like "Big Daddy" "Giant Haystacks" "Y fronts" and "Pipeline" ensure that there is a lot of options for you to get wet and wild.
Best Season - July to September
Timings & Location
- Trip 1 - 9.30 AM
- Trip 2- 2.30 PM
- Location - The earthen Pot Restaurant, Sayed Nagar, Valpoi, Goa.
- Pick up & drop not included from your hotel
Tips to remember
- Ideal for beginners and children over the age of 12.
- Not suitable for pregnant ladies.
- No long loose clothing.
- Don't let your hair loose
- Don't carry any precious items
- Minimum number of 4 guests to run a trip.
- Do not litter when on the rafting trip.
- 10 KMS with grade 2-3 rapids | Upto three hours
- Ideal weight 120 kgs and height above 4 Feet.
- No alcohol or drugs allowed before a rafting trip
- Wear secure foot wear and perfectly fitting clothes while rafting
- Swimwear or swimsuit is fine. Shorts and a t-shirt or tights, but no loose baggy clothing like saris or veils.
- Follow the guides' instructions at all times to ensure a safe rafting.
Facilities are at the meeting place
- Toilet facilities, car park, simple changing areas and a rain proof tarpaulin to brief the guests in before departure.
- A great restaurant facility to eat in on the Mhadei trip.